Is your Chromebook audio output too low even though the volume is set to the max? You are not alone! It is one of the most common complaints among Chromebook users.
Here are some tips that have worked for many users to improve their Chromebook audio:
Before you do anything else, close any unused tabs or apps on your Chromebook, as too many opened tabs can impact the audio output.
Max out Everything
The first thing to do is to turn up everything to the maximum. Begin by changing the ChromeOS volume slider to maximum. To do that, click on the clock icon to open the volume slider.
Next, increase the volume of the particular app or webpage. For example, if you are watching a YouTube video, increase the YouTube volume to the maximum.
Install Volume Master
Volume Master is an extension for Chromebooks to increase the volume by 6 times.
Download it from the Chrome web store, and try it. It can give your Chromebook a 600% volume boost.
The volume issue may be due to an OS glitch. The best way to fix this is by hardware resetting your Chromebook.
Here’s how to do that:
Don’t worry; you won’t lose any data on your Chromebook.
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, press and hold the Power and Refresh buttons on the keyboard together until your Chromebook starts up.
Unpair and Pair Again
Are you using Bluetooth headphones or earphones with your Chromebook? Unpair them and pair them again. This simple trick has worked for many users.
Here’s how to unpair your Bluetooth device:
- Open Settings.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Go to Pair devices.
- Click on three dots (more options) next to the Bluetooth device and select remove from the list.
To pair the device again:
- Open the Quick Settings panel by clicking the time at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Select your Bluetooth device and then follow the on-screen instructions.
More Chromebook Guides
- How to Fix a Chromebook Stuck stuck on “Your System is repairing itself”
- How to Fix a Chromebook that Won’t Recognize a USB
- How to Fix a Chromebook That is Connected to Wi-Fi but No Internet
- How to Open Zip File on Chromebook
- How to Fix a Chromebook that Won’t Turn On
- How to Fix it when Chromebook Camera is not Working
- How to Fix a Chromebook that is Not Recognizing Monitor